Apply for Undergraduate Admission
In January 2017, the University System of Georgia Board of Regents voted to consolidate Armstrong State University and Georgia Southern University. If approved, the new University will be formed in January 2018 and the expected timeline for the first entering class will be fall 2018.
For now, students should apply to the campus they plan to attend. This application is for students wanting to attend classes on the Statesboro campus. If you want to attend the Armstrong campus in Savannah or the Liberty campus in Hinesville, you should apply to Armstrong State University.
If you have already applied to Armstrong State University for the fall 2018 term and have decided you want to attend classes in Statesboro instead, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss moving your application to Georgia Southern.
Learn more at admissions.georgiasouthern.edu/consolidation.
- Log into or create an account in GAfutures.org. Be sure to keep a record of your account information.
- Open the Georgia Southern application in GAfutures.org.
- Read the information provided and, at the very bottom of the page, click “Apply Now.”
- Complete the application for Georgia Southern University. If you miss a required field, the application will give you an error message in red at the top of the specific page.
- At the end of the application, click “Submit.”
- Pay the $30 admission application fee or upload an acceptable fee waiver on page eight of the application.
- You should receive an email letting you know the application was successfully submitted.
All application materials should be mailed to Office of Admissions, PO Box 8024, Statesboro, GA 30460.
The Summer/Fall 2018 application is available now through GAfutures.org.
The Office of Admissions will begin reviewing complete fall 2018 application files for admission in September 2017. At that time, we will only admit students. Any students who meet the criteria for our summer Eagle Incentive Program (EIP) or who are not eligible for admission will remain complete without a decision until at least December. After September, if your file remains complete for longer than two weeks, you may need to retake the SAT or ACT to meet our regular admission requirements. Please contact your admissions counselor at (912) 478-5391 or admissions@
FORMER STUDENTS: If you have ever attended classes at Georgia Southern University, then you do not need to fill out an application for admission. You need to fill out a former student application from the Registrar’s Office.
Last updated: 9/27/2017