Admission Application Deadlines
These dates are for priority consideration. Applications will be available after these dates; however, decisions are based on the student’s ability to submit all required documents at least one week prior to the first day of classes.
- Fall (August Classes) – August 1
- Fall Minimester (October Classes) – October 1
- Spring (January Classes) – December 1
- Spring Minimester (March Classes) – March 1
- Summer (May/June Classes) – April 1
Honors College Application Deadlines
The Honors College application can be completed after students apply for admission to Georgia Southern University.
Priority Deadline: February 1 (to be considered for Honors College scholarships)
Final Deadline: May 1
Financial Aid and FAFSA
Fall 2023, Spring 2024, Summer 2024
- Use the 2023-24 FAFSA (Available Now)
- Use the 2024-25 FAFSA (Available by January 1, 2024)
- FAFSA Fall Priority Deadline- February 1, 2024
- Application Available (Admitted Students) – November 1, 2023
- Statesboro Campus Priority Deadline – March 1, 2024
- Armstrong Campus Priority Deadline – April 1, 2024
- Assignments are based on application complete date
May 1 National Candidates Reply Date
Georgia Southern University supports the National Association for College Admission Counseling’s Guide to Ethical Practice in College Admission. This includes the May 1 National Candidates Reply Date. New students admitted for a fall semester have until at least May 1st to accept their offer of admission. This includes committing to required summer programs. Georgia Southern does not require an enrollment deposit. Commitment is gauged by registration and payments for SOAR (orientation) and on-campus housing.
- SOAR: SOAR registration opens annually on February 1st. There is no penalty for waiting until after May 1st to sign up for SOAR; however, sessions fill on a first-come, first-serve basis. Students will begin the enrollment process, including receiving course registration, based on their orientation registration. Please carefully review the refund policy when you complete your registration.
- On-Campus Housing: The On-Campus Housing application opens annually on November 1st. There is no penalty for waiting until after May 1st to apply for housing; however, rooms are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please carefully review the refund policy when you complete your application.
Last updated: 10/12/2023