Now through Sunday, February 25th, the University will undergo technology system upgrades. During this time you will be unable to access your Admissions Status Check Page or register for SOAR. We anticipate all systems resuming on Monday, February 26th. Thank you for your patience as we tend to these necessary upgrades.
Welcome to Georgia Southern University’s Office of New Student & Family Programs! SOAR, Southern’s Orientation, Advisement, and Registration, is required for all new undergraduate students.
At SOAR you’ll be able to:
- Meet with your academic advisor and register for classes
- Learn how Georgia Southern differs from your previous school (high school or college/university)
- Discover campus resources and student life opportunities
- Develop skills to succeed at Georgia Southern
And also get answers about:
- Professors’ expectations
- What classes transfer to Georgia Southern
- Academic advisement and registration
- On-campus living, and off-campus housing
- Campus activities and organizations
While you’re at SOAR, you’ll also have a great time getting to know your new classmates!