Check out our latest Google Hangout with University Housing to get all of your questions answered about moving onto campus!
For more information about moving on campus, visit the Operation Move-In website.
Prior to coming to SOAR, you will need to view four training videos teaching you about the various services within MyGeorgiaSouthern. Click here
to get started!
- View upcoming and past Video Chats.
- Have you heard about the SOAR Service Project?
- Review the items under the “SOAR Info” tab to ensure you are ready to SOAR!
Welcome to Georgia Southern University’s Office of Orientation and Parent Programs! SOAR, Southern’s Orientation, Advisement, and Registration, is required for all new undergraduate students.
At SOAR you’ll be able to:
- Meet with your academic advisor and register for classes
- Learn how Georgia Southern differs from your previous school
- Discover campus resources and student life opportunities
- Develop skills to succeed at Georgia Southern
And also get answers about:
- Professors’ expectations
- What classes transfer to Georgia Southern
- Academic advisement and registration
- On-campus living, and off-campus housing
- Campus activities and organizations
While you’re at SOAR, you’ll also have a great time getting to know your new classmates!