SOAR Session Date for International Students
All orientation sessions for the Statesboro Campus will open on Thursday, February 1, 2018.
Depending on when your flight arrives, you may need to spend the night at an airport hotel. A list of Savannah/Hilton Head Airport hotels can be found here. There is limited transportation between the airport and campus. We recommend an Uber or Lyft for approximately $60.00, or a taxi for approximately $100.
If you are arriving early and staying in a residence hall, please notify the Office of International Programs ans Services and/or University Housing of your early arrival date. If arriving prior to Monday, August 6th, be prepared to pay $23 per night to stay in your residence hall. If arriving on or after Monday, August 6th, your early arrival stay in your residence hall is covered by your SOAR fee.
What to Expect
- Lots of energy! Our program is power-packed with information, fun, and spirit! Be ready to SOAR!
- Outstanding administration, faculty, staff and students to assist you.
- A different climate. Usually warm, but a different kind of sticky warm because it’s humid. Wear comfortable shoes and clothes, bring an umbrella, and a light jacket if you get cold indoors (we have great air conditioning!).
- Be prepared to learn a lot. Bring a pen and paper. Prepare for advisement prior to SOAR.
If parents are traveling with you, they are encouraged to attend. There will be morning and afternoon presentations specific to family needs on August 8th. An additional charge of $35 for the first guest and $10 for each additional guest will apply to cover the cost of materials and meals.
Change of Major
If you need to change your major, complete the change of major form.
Student Fee: $125
Includes: Orientation Program Guide, The Blue & White Student Guidebook, SOAR T-shirt, some meals, and trained staff to assist with your transition. This fee also covers early arrival overnight accommodations in your residence hall, beginning with Monday, August 6th.
Family/Guest Fee: $35 for the first guest and $10 for each additional guest.
SOAR Reservation Process:
- Click on the reservation link below.
- Enter your last name, date of birth, and last 4 digits of your Eagle ID number. Click the “Check Status” button.
- Don’t know your Eagle ID? It’s included with your acceptance packet and begins with 900.
- In the Orientation Information tab, click on the “SOAR Online Reservation Form” link.
- Follow the instructions by selecting a SOAR session and completing your reservation with a VISA or Master Card payment.
Refunds are available with written cancellation at least three business days prior to the scheduled session. All refunds are subject to a $10 processing fees and you may send your written request to email@example.com.
Accessing your SOAR Confirmation Letter:
- After reserving your SOAR session, return to the Admissions Status Check page.
- Enter your last name, date of birth and last 4 digits of your Eagle ID number. Click the “Check Status” button.
- In the Orientation Information tab, click on the “Review/Edit My Reservation” link. Print your confirmation letter.
Last updated: 2/8/2018