Southern’s Parent and Alumni Network
Are you looking for a new way to support your child’s university or your Alma Mater? Do you want to tell high school students and parents about all of the opportunities in store for them at this University? If you answered yes to these questions we would like for you to take an active role in helping prospective students! Wingspan is a network of Parents and Alumni who work with the Admissions Office to recruit prospective students. As a Wingspan volunteer you will be able to attend college fairs throughout the United States and talk about the University you love! You can help us increase our Eagle Nation.
Georgia Southern University is committed to increasing its enrollment and average SAT score annually and every effort must be made to attract outstanding students. Alumni participating in this program volunteer to sever in the field representing Georgia Southern. By providing information to prospective students the university will see an increased the number of qualified applicants.
The program is designed to involve alumni volunteers in the admissions processes, from the identification of prospective students to their enrollment a Georgia Southern. Through this program, trained, well-informed alumni volunteers serve as “in the field” representatives of the university, in order to consistently attract outstanding college-bound students nationwide.
Alumni in Recruitment volunteers assist the Admissions Office in the early identification and recruitment of strong candidates for admissions to Georgia Southern. Volunteers often represent the University at local college fairs. Many volunteers visit local high school guidance counselors.
Are you looking for a new way to support your students university or alma mater? There are many ways that you can make a difference in Statesboro, even if you live far away from campus. There are many ways that you can get involved! We invite your active participation in helping prospective students.
- Attend an Eagle club event in your area!
- Support Georgia Southern athletics. Go Eagles!
- Help recruit future Eagles and encourage a prospective student to visit campus.
- Wear Georgia Southern clothing at home and work.
- Read the Georgia Southern Magazine, and share it with a friend!
- Encourage friends to attend Homecoming and Eagle Club events!
- Be sure your local high school is well informed about Georgia Southern. Offer to meet with high school counselor, and/or join Alumni in Recruitment
- Act as an ambassador and share your love of Southern.
- Stay educated about Georgia Southern; share with you know with others
- Host in-home parties for perspective students and their parents. This can be a tremendous influence on decision process.
What We Do For You
We’re here to help you. Here are some things we’ll do to assist your efforts:
- Our Admissions Recruiters and Alumni Relations Office will attend as many alumni events as possible. We’ll also help you schedule senior administrators and faculty member who can speak about GSU.
- We’re keeping our database updated. The Alumni Association subscribes to many services to get correct addresses, e-mail addresses, etc., so we can keep in touch with you.
- Involve Admissions and Scholarships in the Alumni Association leadership workshops.
- Provide names of children of alumni to Admissions and Scholarships so that letters can be sent to them.
- Include student recruitment information in Alumni Newsletter.
Print recruitment publications:
Recruiter One Sheet