Southern Ambassadors is a group of diverse and enthusiastic students who proudly represent Georgia Southern University to the public, both on and off campus. Southern Ambassadors serve as the face of the university to prospective students and guests. They represent the university in a variety of settings, including:
- Campus tours for prospective students and guests
- Special recruiting events
- Assistance with various Alumni programs
- High school college day programs and receptions
Examples of the events that Southern Ambassadors have assisted with in the past include: Open House, Discover Southern, Southern Scholars Showcase, Scholars’ Day, Transfer Visit Day, College Visit Days, Homecoming, Alumni banquets, receptions at the President’s home, and events at the President’s Skybox during home football games at Paulson Stadium.
Students will benefit in many ways – both personally and professionally – during their time as an ambassador. This includes:
- Learning more about Georgia Southern University
- Networking with student leaders and professionals from across campus
- Attending team meetings that focus on professional development and training
- Working in a team environment with a diverse group of individuals
- Gaining experience in recruitment, college counseling, marketing, and public speaking
- Gaining valuable presentation and critical thinking skills
Interested in becoming a Southern Ambassador? Check out the Recruitment tab for more information, or contact Sean Cleary – Assistant Director for Visit Programs – at email@example.com.
Southern Ambassador Recruitment
“Walking backwards in our kicks since 1986”
Southern Ambassadors Spring 2017 Recruitment
Interested in becoming a Southern Ambassador? All current students who are in good academic standing with the University are eligible to apply to become a Southern Ambassador. Check out the upcoming opportunities below to learn more information about being an ambassador, and the application and interview process for new members.
New Member Application
The application consists of 2 parts: (1) General information and (2) short answer questions. All applications are due to Sean Cleary, Assistant Director for Visit Programs, by 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, February 5. Applications can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person by dropping off at Lewis Hall (Office of Admissions). All applications will be reviewed from February 6-9, and all students selected for a group interview will be notified on February 9.
Click here to download the application in Microsoft Word.
- Sunday, January 22; 6-6:30 p.m. – Union 2041
- Monday, January 23; 6-6:30 & 6:30-7 p.m. – Lewis Hall (Office of Admissions)
- Tuesday, January 24; 6-6:30 & 6:30-7 p.m. – Lewis Hall (Office of Admissions)
- Wednesday, January 25; 6-6:30 p.m. – Lewis Hall (Office of Admissions)
Note that attendance at an information session is not required in order to apply, but it is highly encouraged so that you can learn more about the team and have your questions answered.
- Monday, January 23; 11 a.m.-2 p.m. – Russell Union
- Wednesday, January 25; 11 a.m.-2 p.m. – Russell Unio
Current ambassadors will be at the information tables to answer your questions about joining the Southern Ambassadors team.
Last updated: 1/22/2017