Students who want to attend Georgia Southern University have a unique opportunity to START NOW! Meet with a counselor to discuss your ability to receive a same-day admission decision and meet with an academic advisor to start classes this summer. Start Now events are offered at all three campuses; select the event registration below for the campus you wish to enroll at.
Start Now Steps:
1. Register to attend an event by campus below.
2. Complete your application online for free.
3. Gather official copies of transcripts from all schools attended.*
4. Visit the Georgia Southern campus you registered for on the event day.
*Unofficial transcripts may be acceptable at the event for conditional acceptance.
Students will be able to speak with Financial Aid while they wait for a decision. If admitted by a certain time (varies by campus; see individual event details for more information), students may also see an academic advisor on the same day! Students unable to meet with an advisor on the same day will be contacted by an academic advisor the next day to be advised. Some students may be required to take a college placement exam prior to receiving a decision.
Admitted students are required to pay for and attend SOAR orientation after the Start Now event in order to remain registered for classes. See below for SOAR summer semester dates.
Event information by Campus:
- Monday, May 7 | 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. | Lewis Hall, Statesboro Campus | REGISTER
- Tuesday, May 22 | 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. | Liberty Campus | REGISTER
- Wednesday, May 23 | 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. | Victor Hall Hall, Armstrong Campus | REGISTER
This event is specifically tailored for transfer and non-traditional students. If you are a high school senior, please visit our Freshman Admissions page.
SOAR Summer Semester:
- Statesboro Campus | $55 | Saturday, June 1
- Armstrong Campus | $55 | Thursday, May 31
- Liberty Campus | $30 | Saturday, June 1
Learn more about SOAR orientation.
Last updated: 4/6/2018