Congratulations on taking the first step in making Georgia Southern your new home.
A big university offers a lot: thousands of course options and more than 140 programs, a constant buzz of activity, big-time sporting events and spirited intramurals, and lively study sessions and intense research opportunities. All within a campuses of stately buildings, filled with history and tradition. That’s Georgia Southern.
A smaller place has its advantages: close working relationships with your professors, classmates who become more than faces in the crowd, and opportunities to make a difference in student life on campus. All within safe, warm communities, where just about everyone says hello to one another. That’s Georgia Southern.
Here are some helpful hints to make the most of the resources linked to the left on this site:
- Utilize the Check Your Status link to track your admission application. It provides live updates so you can know exactly where you are in the process.
- Once admitted, the Accepted Student Checklist can help you complete the steps to confirm your attendance at Georgia Southern.
- Be sure to sit down with your family to review Paying for College. It is important that you have a plan and complete the necessary steps to receive aid, if needed.
- If you haven’t already, Visit Georgia Southern! There are many different visit opportunities so that you can make your final college choice.
- Don’t miss the important Admissions Scholarships deadlines. The MyScholarships application link is available here along with important tips for scholarships.
- Your Status Check Page will confirm your Residency status. If you are listed as an out-of-state student and feel that may be in error, be sure to review this section.
- After you are admitted you’ll need to sign up for SOAR, our Orientation for new students.
- Meet Your Counselor is one of the most important steps. Find out who your admissions counselor is and start a conversation with them. They can help you through this entire process.
- If you have earned Credit by Exam from AP, IB, AICE, or CLEP exams, learn what scores are needed to receive college credit.
- All students have the right to appeal their admission decision. To discuss appeal options, please contact your admissions counselor at (912) 478-5391 or email@example.com
May 1 National Candidates Reply Date
Georgia Southern University follows the National Association for College Admission Counseling’s Statement of Principles of Good Practice. This includes the May 1 National Candidates Reply Date. New students admitted for a fall semester have until May 1st to accept their offer of admission. This includes committing to the summer Eagle Incentive Program. Georgia Southern does not require an enrollment deposit. Commitment is gauged by registration for SOAR (orientation) and on-campus housing.
- SOAR: SOAR registration opens annually on February 1st. There is no penalty for waiting until after May 1st to sign up for SOAR; however, sessions fill on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please carefully review the refund policy when you complete your registration.
- On-Campus Housing: The On-Campus Housing application opens annually on November 1st. There is no penalty for waiting until after May 1st to apply for housing; however, rooms are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please carefully review the refund policy when you complete your application.
Last updated: 4/23/2018