Apply for Admission
At Georgia Southern, ready isn’t a buzzword, it’s a way of life. It means you get the academics, but you also get the practice. Because Ready is what we do. Ready to see what’s next?
Please review the application instructions below before starting your application.
Have you already started an application with Georgia Southern?
If you started an application at GAfutures.org but did not submit it, please create a new account.
- Review admissions requirements for your student type:
- Freshmen Students
- Transfer Students
- Dual Enrollment
- International Students
- Adult Students & Working Professionals
- Transient Students
- Review your desired primary campus.
- Review the majors offered on our campuses.
- Create an application account. You will be emailed a pin number to confirm your account.
- Complete the entire online application. The information you provide is critical in allowing Georgia Southern University to communicate with you and evaluate your potential as a student.
- The $30 application fee is waived for all students for No Fee November: October 25 through December 1.
- Three business days after submitting your application, you can check your application status at My.GeorgiaSouthern.edu/admissions. This page contains live information about your admission status, including a checklist of missing documents needed for your decision.
Pay the $30 application fee after submitting your application. You can also upload a valid fee waiver. All application fees are non-refundable, regardless of admission decision. Dual Enrollment and Former Student applicants are not required to pay the application fee.
All application materials should be mailed to: Office of Admissions, P.O. Box 8024, Statesboro, GA 30460. We can also accept official documents electronically or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Secondary Admit Programs
The following programs at Georgia Southern University require secondary admission. This means that you can be admitted to the University but will have to apply to the specific program after you are enrolled. Each program has different admission criteria, and you should refer to the program website or speak with your academic advisor at SOAR to learn more.
If you choose one of these programs on your undergraduate application for admission, you will initially be assigned a different major with closely matched coursework.
Last updated: 11/19/2021