Apply for Admission
At Georgia Southern, ready isn’t a buzzword, it’s a way of life. It means you get the academics, but you also get the practice. Because Ready is what we do. Ready to see what’s next?
First-year students applying to Georgia Southern University for the fall 2022 semester can be admitted without an ACT or SAT score, if they have a GPA of 3.2 or higher.* Students who have a GPA of less than 3.2 should submit official ACT or SAT scores along with their high school transcript to be considered for admission. All students must be on track to complete the Required High School Curriculum to be admitted. Learn more on the Freshman Requirements Page.
*Georgia Southern calculates your high school GPA for admission based on 17 required high school courses.
The University System of Georgia authorized this change.
Please review the application instructions below before starting your application.
Have you already started an application with Georgia Southern?
If you already started a Spread Your Wings application, you do not need to submit an additional application. Please complete the application you started. If you have questions about an application in progress, contact us at 912-478-5391.
- Review admissions requirements for your student type:
- Freshmen Students
- Transfer Students
- Dual Enrollment
- International Students
- Adult Students & Working Professionals
- Transient Students
- Review your desired primary campus.
- Review the majors offered on our campuses.
- Create an application account. You will be emailed a pin number to confirm your account.
- Complete the entire online application. The information you provide is critical in allowing Georgia Southern University to communicate with you and evaluate your potential as a student.
- At the end of the application, pay the non-refundable $30 application fee or upload a valid fee waiver (example waivers can be found here). Note, all application fees are non-refundable, regardless of admission decision..
- Three business days after submitting your application, you can check your application status at My.GeorgiaSouthern.edu/admissions. This page contains live information about your admission status, including a checklist of missing documents needed for your decision.
Pay the $30 application fee after submitting your application. You can also upload a valid fee waiver. All application fees are non-refundable, regardless of admission decision. Dual Enrollment and Former Student applicants are not required to pay the application fee.
All application materials should be mailed to: Office of Admissions, P.O. Box 8024, Statesboro, GA 30460. We can also accept official documents electronically or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Secondary Admit Programs
The following programs at Georgia Southern University require secondary admission. This means that you can be admitted to the University but will have to apply to the specific program after you are enrolled. Each program has different admission criteria, and you should refer to the program website or speak with your academic advisor at SOAR to learn more.
If you choose one of these programs on your undergraduate application for admission, you will initially be assigned a different major with closely matched coursework.
Last updated: 3/21/2022