Admission Application Deadlines
These dates are for priority consideration. Applications will be available after these dates; however, decisions are based on the student’s ability to submit all required documents at least one week prior to the first day of classes.
Spring 2020 – December 1, 2019*
*We are only accepting applications for Spring 2020 Term B, starting on March 9. Limited course offerings are available for this short term.
– Term A & Long Term: January 13, 2020
– Term B: March 9, 2020
Summer 2020 – April 1, 2020
Fall 2020 – August 1, 2020
Scholarship Application Deadlines
– Priority Freshmen – November 1, 2019
– Final Freshmen – February 1, 2020
– Priority Transfers – February 1, 2020
– Final Transfers – May 1, 2020
Financial Aid & FAFSA
– Use the 2019-20 FAFSA
– FAFSA Priority – February 1, 2020
– Use the 2020-21 FAFSA (Available October 1, 2019)
– Available – November 1, 2019
– Priority – March 1, 2020 Statesboro Campus
– Priority – April 1, 2020 Armstrong Campus
– No deadline, but assigned based on application complete date
May 1 National Candidates Reply Date
Georgia Southern University follows the National Association for College Admission Counseling’s Statement of Principles of Good Practice. This includes the May 1 National Candidates Reply Date. New students admitted for a fall semester have until May 1st to accept their offer of admission. This includes committing to the summer Eagle Incentive Program. Georgia Southern does not require an enrollment deposit. Commitment is gauged by registration for SOAR (orientation) and on-campus housing.
- SOAR: SOAR registration opens annually on January 15th. There is no penalty for waiting until after May 1st to sign up for SOAR; however, sessions fill on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please carefully review the refund policy when you complete your registration.
- On-Campus Housing: The On-Campus Housing application opens annually on November 1st. There is no penalty for waiting until after May 1st to apply for housing; however, rooms are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please carefully review the refund policy when you complete your application.
Last updated: 1/22/2020