Admission Application Deadlines
These dates are for priority consideration. Applications will be available after these dates; however, decisions are based on the student’s ability to submit all required documents at least one week prior to the first day of classes.
- Spring (January or March Minimester) – December 1
- Summer (May or June) – April 1
- Fall (August or October Minimester) – August 1
Scholarship Application Deadlines
- Final Freshmen – February 1
- Priority Transfers – February 1
- Final Transfers – May 1
Financial Aid and FAFSA
- Use the 2021-22 FAFSA
- FAFSA Priority – February 1, 2022
- Use the 2022-23 FAFSA (Available October 1, 2021)
- Application Available (Admitted Students) – November 1, 2021
- Statesboro Campus Priority Deadline – March 1, 2022
- Armstrong Campus Priority Deadline – April 1, 2022
- Assignments are based on application complete date
May 1 National Candidates Reply Date
Georgia Southern University supports the National Association for College Admission Counseling’s Guide to Ethical Practice in College Admission. This includes the May 1 National Candidates Reply Date. New students admitted for a fall semester have until at least May 1st to accept their offer of admission. This includes committing to required summer programs. Georgia Southern does not require an enrollment deposit. Commitment is gauged by registration and payments for SOAR (orientation) and on-campus housing.
- SOAR: SOAR registration opens annually on February 1st. There is no penalty for waiting until after May 1st to sign up for SOAR; however, sessions fill on a first-come, first-serve basis. Students will begin the enrollment process, including receiving course registration, based on their orientation registration. Please carefully review the refund policy when you complete your registration.
- On-Campus Housing: The On-Campus Housing application opens annually on November 1st. There is no penalty for waiting until after May 1st to apply for housing; however, rooms are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please carefully review the refund policy when you complete your application.
Last updated: 7/6/2022