Admission Application Deadlines
These dates are for priority consideration. Applications will be available after these dates; however, decisions are based on the student’s ability to submit all required documents at least one week prior to the first day of classes.
Spring (January or March Minimester) – December 1
Summer (May or June) – April 1
Fall (August or October Minimester) – August 1
Scholarship Application Deadlines
– Final Freshmen – February 1
– Priority Transfers – February 1
– Final Transfers – May 1
Financial Aid & FAFSA
– Use the 2020-21 FAFSA
– FAFSA Priority – February 1, 2021
– Use the 2021-22 FAFSA (Available October 1, 2020)
– Available – November 1, 2020
– Priority – March 1, 2021 Statesboro Campus
– Priority – April 1, 2021 Armstrong Campus
– Assignments are based on application complete date
May 1 National Candidates Reply Date
Georgia Southern University follows the National Association for College Admission Counseling’s Statement of Principles of Good Practice. This includes the May 1 National Candidates Reply Date. New students admitted for a fall semester have until May 1st to accept their offer of admission. This includes committing to the summer Eagle Incentive Program. Georgia Southern does not require an enrollment deposit. Commitment is gauged by registration for SOAR (orientation) and on-campus housing.
- SOAR: SOAR registration opens annually on January 15th. There is no penalty for waiting until after May 1st to sign up for SOAR; however, sessions fill on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please carefully review the refund policy when you complete your registration.
- On-Campus Housing: The On-Campus Housing application opens annually on November 1st. There is no penalty for waiting until after May 1st to apply for housing; however, rooms are assigned on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please carefully review the refund policy when you complete your application.
Last updated: 8/27/2020