Events | Armstrong Campus
Eagle Preview – Open House
Prospective and admitted students are invited to join the Office of Admissions for our open house events. As our most comprehensive event, Eagle Preview gives students the opportunity to talk one-on-one with representatives from all of our academic colleges and student services departments and the Office of Admissions. Numerous break-out sessions are offered on a wide variety of topics including Admissions, Housing, Financial Aid, Student Activities, and more! Tours of our residence halls, fitness center, and campus are also offered as part of the event.
2019-20 Eagle Preview Dates
- Saturday, February 15, 2020 | 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. | Student Union, Armstrong Campus | REGISTER
A username and password is required to register for an event. If you have not received your username from the Office of Admissions, or have misplaced your username information, please contact the Office of Admissions at 912.478.5851 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the Office of Admissions for an Information Night to learn more about the Georgia Southern University Armstrong Campus in Savannah. During these short information sessions, Office of Admissions staff and leadership will answer your questions about Georgia Southern University. Please join us to learn more about the opportunities available to students in the Savannah area! All information sessions will take place in Victor Hall at 6 p.m.
2019-20 Information Nights Dates
- There are no fall Information Nights planned at this time. Visit the Event Calendar for all upcoming event and visit opportunities.
Transfer Visit Day
Prospective and admitted transfer students are invited to join the Office of Admissions for Transfer Visit Day. This event provides students and their guests with transfer-specific information in areas such as admissions, financial aid, housing, and student life on campus. Students will have the opportunity to meet with academic college representatives to learn more about their intended major and the advisement process, take a campus tour with one of our Southern Ambassadors, and hear from a panel of current transfer students about their experiences at Georgia Southern.
Transfer Visit Day check-in opens at 12 p.m. Academic colleges and student service departments will be available beginning at that time to provide information prior to the Welcome Session starting. All guests must arrive and check-in by 1:00 p.m. to be seated for the Welcome Session. Campus tours are offered once the event concludes at 3 p.m.
Transfer Friday tours are available on select Fridays on both the Armstrong and Statesboro Campuses. Go to the “Daily Visits” tab for each campus to see available dates. Transfer Fridays include a transfer-specific information session by Transfer Admissions professional staff and campus tour.
2019-20 Transfer Visit Days
- Armstrong Campus | Friday, October 18 | 12:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. | Student Union | REGISTER
Dual Enrollment Information Sessions
The Dual Enrollment Program allows high-achieving, self-directed high school students to challenge themselves through college coursework. Students can take a single course or enroll full-time, and some students graduate high school having earned as much as two years’ worth of college credits. More than 200 students from over 25 high schools in the state of Georgia participate in Dual Enrollment each semester at Georgia Southern University.
Dual Enrollment Information Sessions are held during the fall and spring semesters each year on all three campuses, and allow students interested in the program to learn more about the programs admission requirements and the application process. Students also have the chance to speak one-on-one with Georgia Southern’s Dual Enrollment representatives from the Office of Admissions and the First-Year Experience office.
More detailed information about Dual Enrollment can be found here.
2019-20 Dual Enrollment Information Sessions in Savannah
- Armstrong Campus | Wednesday, November 6 | 6 to 7 p.m. | Victor Hall, Office of Admissions | REGISTER
Dual Enrollment: Staying at Southern Session
Students that are currently dual enrolled at Georgia Southern and plan to continue as freshmen are invited to the Staying at Southern Information Session! Join us for a presentation from the Office of Admissions and the Office of First Year Experience to learn more about the transition from dual enrollment to full-time freshman at Georgia Southern. Financial Aid representatives and the Major and Career Exploration Center will also be available.
- Armstrong Campus | Wednesday, October 2 | 3:30 to 5 p.m. | Victor Hall, Office of Admissions | REGISTER
If you have questions about staying at Georgia Southern after your high school graduation, please visit our Dual Enrollment page.
Honors Information Session
Learn more about the University Honors Program at one of our honors information sessions. The University Honors Program seeks scholars interested in research, change agents interested in engaging local and global communities, and individuals seeking to explore their curiosity and express their creativity. The program provides an enhanced educational environment for bright and motivated students who seek a distinctive and challenging undergraduate experience. The program is designed as a “college within a college,” where students have access to smaller classes and enriching seminars and, at the same time, enjoy the opportunities provided by a large university.
2019-20 Honors Information Sessions
- Armstrong Campus | Friday, October 11
For additional information, please contact your admissions counselor or email email@example.com.
Prospective and former undergraduate students who want to attend the Armstrong Campus have a unique opportunity to START NOW! The spring semester begins January 13 with an opportunity to start mid-semester on March 9.
- Wednesday, December 18 | 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. | Armstrong Campus (Savannah) | REGISTER*
*Registration is only for new students. Former students do not need to pre-register. Former students should report directly to the Office of the Registrar on December 18th.
At this event you can:
- Meet with a counselor to discuss your ability to receive a same-day admission decision.
- Once admitted, meet with an academic advisor to start classes this fall.
- Speak with a financial aid counselor.
- Take a college placement exam (if needed).
- Admitted students can register to attend SOAR (orientation) after the Start Now event in order to learn about important resources available to new students for success at Georgia Southern. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 912.478.7627 for more information.
Start Now Steps (New Students)
- Register to attend above.
- Complete your admissions application online for free by using the fee waiver included in your event registration confirmation email. Apply at least one day prior to the Start Now event.
- Gather official copies of transcripts from all schools attended.
- Visit the Armstrong Campus December 18th.
This event is specifically tailored for transfer, adult, & non-traditional students. If you are a high school senior, please visit our Freshman Admissions page.
Start Now Steps (Former Students)
- Complete the Former Student Application
- Order official transcripts from all schools attended and have them sent to Georgia Southern University – Office of the Registrar.
- Visit the Armstrong Campus August 8th.
There is no pre-registration for former students. Armstrong Campus students should go directly to the Office of the Registrar on December 18th.
Last updated: 12/2/2019