Events | Armstrong Campus
Eagle Preview – Open House
Prospective and admitted students are invited to join the Office of Admissions for our open house events. As our most comprehensive event, Eagle Preview gives students the opportunity to talk one-on-one with representatives from all of our academic colleges and student services departments and the Office of Admissions. Numerous break-out sessions are offered on a wide variety of topics including Admissions, Housing, Financial Aid, Leadership and Community Engagement, and more! Tours of our residence halls, fitness center, and campus are also offered as part of the event.
2018-19 Eagle Preview Dates
- All Armstrong Campus Eagle Preview dates have passed for this year. Please visit our Daily Visits page for all upcoming tour dates. 2019-2020 Eagle Preview dates will be available later this Spring.
A username and password is required to register for an event. If you have not received your username from the Office of Admissions, or have misplaced your username information, please contact the Office of Admissions at 912.478.5851 or email@example.com.
Join the Office of Admissions for an Information Night to learn more about the Georgia Southern University Armstrong Campus in Savannah. During these short information sessions, Office of Admissions staff and leadership will answer your questions about Georgia Southern University. Please join us to learn more about the opportunities available to students in the Savannah area! All information sessions will take place in Victor Hall at 6 p.m.
2019 Information Session Dates
- All Information Nights have passed for this year. Please visit our Daily Visits page for all upcoming tour dates. More information on future Information Nights will be posted later this Spring.
Dual Enrollment Information Sessions
The Dual Enrollment Program allows high-achieving, self-directed high school students to challenge themselves through college coursework. Students can take a single course or enroll full-time, and some students graduate high school having earned as much as two years’ worth of college credits. More than 200 students from over 25 high schools in the state of Georgia participate in Dual Enrollment each semester at Georgia Southern University.
Dual Enrollment Information Sessions are held during the fall and spring semesters each year on all three campuses, and allow students interested in the program to learn more about the programs admission requirements and the application process. Students also have the chance to speak one-on-one with Georgia Southern’s Dual Enrollment representatives from the Office of Admissions and the First-Year Experience office.
More detailed information about Dual Enrollment can be found here.
2018-19 Dual Enrollment Information Sessions in Savannah
- All Dual Enrollment Information Sessions have passed for this year. Information on upcoming dates will be posted later this spring. If you have questions about the dual enrollment process, please visit our Dual Enrollment page.
Dual Enrollment: Staying at Southern Session
Students that are currently dual enrolled at Georgia Southern and plan to continue as freshmen are invited to the Staying at Southern Information Session! Join us for a presentation from the Office of Admissions and the Office of First Year Experience to learn more about the transition from dual enrollment to full-time freshman at Georgia Southern. Financial Aid representatives and the Major and Career Exploration Center will also be available.
- All Staying at Southern Sessions have passed. Information on upcoming dates will be posted later this year. If you have questions about staying at Georgia Southern after your high school graduation, please visit our Dual Enrollment page.
Prospective and former undergraduate students who want to attend the Armstrong Campus have a unique opportunity to START NOW! The summer semester begins May 20th with an opportunity to start mid-semester on June 24th.
- Thursday, May 9 | 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. | Armstrong Campus | REGISTER*
*Registration is only for new students. Former students do not need to pre-register. Former students should report directly to the Office of the Registrar on May 9.
At this event you can:
- Meet with a counselor to discuss your ability to receive a same-day admission decision.
- Once admitted, meet with an academic advisor to start classes this summer.
- Speak with a financial aid counselor.
- Take a college placement exam (if needed).
- Admitted students can register to attend SOAR (orientation) after the Start Now event in order to learn about important resources available to new students for success at Georgia Southern. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 912.478.7627 for more information.
Start Now Steps (New Students)
- Register to attend above.
- Complete your admissions application online for free by using the fee waiver included in your event registration confirmation email. Apply at least one day prior to the Start Now event.
- Gather official copies of transcripts from all schools attended.
- Visit the Armstrong Campus May 9.
This event is specifically tailored for transfer, adult, & non-traditional students. If you are a high school senior, please visit our Freshman Admissions page.
Start Now Steps (Former Students)
- Complete the Former Student Application
- Order official transcripts from all schools attended and have them sent to Georgia Southern University – Office of the Registrar.
- Visit the Armstrong Campus May 9.
There is no pre-registration for former students. Armstrong Campus students should go directly to the Office of the Registrar on the event day.
Last updated: 5/9/2019