Group Visits | Liberty Campus
Interested in setting up a group visit for your school or community group?
The Office of Admissions provides virtual group visits for high school or transfer student groups of up to 30 guests. Visits are subject to availability. In-person group visits are unavailable at this time.
When? Virtual group visits are offered Monday-Friday from 9:00AM-4:00PM, by appointment, and based on availability. We are unable to offer group visits from early May to late August due to student ambassador availability. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a visit during this time (availability is not guaranteed).
Where? Virtually through Google Meets. A link to the virtual tour will be sent to all registered guests prior to the scheduled event.
How? One of Southern Ambassadors will serve as the on camera tour host during the visit. The virtual tour of campus is pre-recorded, and will be played during the visit. Your tour host will stop at certain points to answer questions and provide additional information during the tour. An Admissions Counselor will also be in attendance to discuss admissions requirements, and answer questions about other admissions related topics.
Due to high demand, it is strongly recommended that you request a group visit at least two weeks in advance of your preferred visit date. A group visit request does not guarantee a visit on your requested date, all visits must be confirmed. An Admissions representative will respond within 48-72 hours once a request has been received.
Please note: Failure to abide by the policies and/or meet expectations may affect future visits from your school or organization. Please read through all policies and expectations on the above tabs prior to requesting a group visit. Download and print policies & expectations.
Questions? Contact the Office of Admissions at 912.877.1908 or email@example.com.
- Groups are limited to a minimum of 10 students and a maximum of 30 students.
- Groups must have at least 1 chaperone visible on the virtual tour at all times.
- Group visits are for high school students or transfer students only. Your group must consist of 90% high school or transfer students to be accommodated. We are unable to schedule middle and elementary aged tours at this time.
- You must notify the Office of Admissions Visits & Events team with any changes to your visit at least 48 hours in advance. Please note: any changes in the number of people attending, as well as times of arrival, may affect the availability of the virtual tour.
- If you would like to request to have the virtual tour recorded, you must notify the Office of Admissions of this request at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled tour time. All requests should be in writing and submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Per Google Hangout and Georgia Southern policy, all participants in the virtual meeting have to consent to being recorded.
- Virtual tours start promptly at their designated time in order to ensure our student ambassadors are able to provide an excellent experience and get to class on time afterward. We recommend logging in 10 minutes prior to your visit time so we can begin the check-in process.
- A link to the tour registration form will be created and sent to the group contact person. It will be the responsibility of the group contact person to have each student attending the virtual visit register for the tour. All guests will need to be registered so we can send them a link to the meeting. Registration will be cutoff 24 hours prior to the virtual tour. Anyone needing to register after that will need to email email@example.com.
The group visit requestor is responsible for sharing all policies and expectations with the day-of-contact for the group, chaperones, and students.
Chaperones must stay online with the group at all times during the presentation and tour, and are responsible for monitoring the behavior of their students.
Please set expectations with students prior to your visit. Students should be respectful toward our student ambassadors and professional staff; as well as our institution, campus, and community. Our ambassadors reserve the right to end a tour at any point due to inappropriate behavior.
During the virtual tour, all participants should be on mute. They are welcome to unmute to answer questions during breaks. All questions during the tour video should be asked through the chat feature.
Visits are more beneficial if the group comes prepared with questions!
Have fun and interact with your Southern Ambassador!
Last updated: 3/15/2023