High School Counselor Resources
Thank you for all the hard work you do for your students! Please utilize the resources below, and contact our office at 912-478-5391 if you have any questions.
Register for an Event
Virtual and in-person events are available.
How to Apply
- Complete the online application and pay the $30 application fee – documents can be submitted later! During Save Money March, the $30 application fee is waived for all students (March 1 through March 31), no form needed.
- Submit official high school transcript – mailed, sent electronically, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mailing address:
Office of Admissions
PO Box 8024
Statesboro, GA 30460
- Mailing address:
- Send official copies of SAT/ACT scores from the testing agency (SAT Code: 5253 / ACT code: 0830).
- First-year students applying to Georgia Southern University can be admitted without an ACT or SAT score if they have an unweighted high school GPA of 3.2 or higher. Georgia Southern calculates the high school GPA for admission based on the 17 Required High School Curriculum courses.
- Students who have a GPA of less than 3.2 should submit official ACT or SAT scores to be considered for admission.
- First-year students must meet all other admission requirements, including satisfactory completion of the Required High School Curriculum and all other requested documentation.
- Once we receive a student’s application and official high school transcript, we will review the application for a decision. If an SAT or ACT test score is required, it will be noted on their Status Check Page.
- Contact the Financial Literacy team at email@example.com if you would like for them to come to your school to do presentations or information events on completing the FAFSA.
- Virtual group visits are available! Learn more and schedule a group visit here:
Digital PDFs of Print Materials
- Georgia Southern Admissions Book
- Info Night Flyer (print and fill in the location and date)
- Check your Application Status
- How to Apply for Scholarships
- Campus Change Request
- Change of Major
- Term Update
- Continuing after Dual Enrollment
Staying on Course Requirements
In order to be admitted to Georgia Southern your students must meet the minimum course requirements as listed on the Staying On Course document issued by the Georgia Board of Regents.
The Required High School Curriculum (RHSC) is the cornerstone of the University System of Georgia (USG) admission policy. The Staying on Course document reflects the minimum high school unit requirements for each of the academic subject areas. Students should pursue a challenging and rigorous high school curriculum to be best prepared for a successful college experience and should consult with their high school counselor to determine appropriate coursework. The course titles and numbers used in this document reflect those utilized by the Georgia Department
of Education. Consideration is also given to similar courses for students attending private or out-of-state high schools. In addition to the courses listed on the Staying on Course document, other AP and IB courses, as well as college-level courses completed through dual enrollment, may be considered in the appropriate subject area.
Please reach out to your admissions counselor for more information.
Border State Waivers
The University System of Georgia has approved out-of-state tuition differential waivers to residents of Alabama, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee at all three Georgia Southern campuses. Learn more at GeorgiaSouthern.edu/borderstates.
Out-of-State Fee Waiver Scholarship
The Out-of-State Fee Waiver Scholarship is a highly competitive academic scholarship that allows select out-of-state students to attend Georgia Southern without paying out-of-state fees. Such fees, which are common at state universities throughout the country, are assessed because students who live in another state haven’t supported the institution with tax dollars. The State of Georgia recognizes the value of inviting high-achieving students to study and earn degrees here regardless of where they live, allowing Georgia Southern to award a limited number of out-of-state fee waivers. Learn more at GeorgiaSouthern.edu/out-of-state.
Last updated: 4/19/2022