Events | Liberty Campus
Come to the Liberty Campus, where dedicated faculty and staff bring quality higher education to Liberty County, Fort Stewart, and surrounding areas. Housed in a new, state-of-the-art facility, we have special services for military affiliates and dual enrollment options for local high school juniors and seniors. We are eager to help you achieve your career goals with a variety of courses to help students work toward specific degrees or meet core requirements for more than 100 academic programs.
Whether you are looking to transfer or begin your college career, we are ready to join your journey.
Eagle Preview – Open House
Prospective and admitted students are invited to join the Office of Admissions for our open house events. As our most comprehensive event, Eagle Preview gives students the opportunity to talk one-on-one with representatives from academic colleges, student services departments, and the Office of Admissions.
2019-20 Eagle Preview Dates
- All spring 2020 Eagle Previews have passed. Admitted students can register for Accepted Students Day on the Statesboro or Armstrong Campuses at GeorgiaSouthern.edu/asd.
A username and password is required to register for an event. If you have not received your username from the Office of Admissions, or have misplaced your username information, please contact the Office of Admissions at 912.478.5851 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dual Enrollment Information Sessions
The Dual Enrollment Program allows high-achieving, self-directed high school students to challenge themselves through college coursework. Students can take a single course or enroll full-time, and some students graduate high school having earned as much as two years’ worth of college credits. More than 200 students from over 25 high schools in the state of Georgia participate in Dual Enrollment each semester at Georgia Southern University.
Dual Enrollment Information Sessions are held during the fall and spring semesters each year on all three campuses, and allow students interested in the program to learn more about the programs admission requirements and the application process. Students also have the chance to speak one-on-one with Georgia Southern’s Dual Enrollment representatives from the Office of Admissions and the First-Year Experience office.
More detailed information about Dual Enrollment can be found here.
2019-20 Dual Enrollment Information Sessions in Hinesville
- Liberty Campus | Thursday, April 16 | 6 to 7 p.m. | REGISTER
Dual Enrollment: Staying at Southern Session
Students that are currently dual enrolled at Georgia Southern and plan to continue as freshmen are invited to the Staying at Southern Information Session! Join us for a presentation from the Office of Admissions and the Office of First Year Experience to learn more about the transition from dual enrollment to full-time freshman at Georgia Southern. Financial Aid representatives and the Major and Career Exploration Center will also be available.
- 2019-20 Staying at Southern Session dates will be available later this year. If you have questions about staying at Georgia Southern after your high school graduation, please visit our Dual Enrollment page.
Prospective and former undergraduate students who want to attend the Liberty Campus have a unique opportunity to START NOW! The spring semester begins January 13 with an opportunity to start mid-semester on March 9.
- Tuesday, December 17 | 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. | Liberty Campus (Hinesville) | REGISTER*
*Registration is only for new students. Former students do not need to pre-register and should call Sara Bath at 912.478.0857 on December 17.
At this event you can:
- Meet with a counselor to discuss your ability to receive a same-day admission decision.
- Once admitted, meet with an academic advisor to start classes this fall.
- Speak with a financial aid counselor.
- Take a college placement exam (if needed).
- Admitted students can register to attend SOAR (orientation) after the Start Now event in order to learn about important resources available to new students for success at Georgia Southern. Contact email@example.com or 912.478.7627 for more information.
Start Now Steps (New Students)
- Register to attend above.
- Complete your admissions application online for free by using the fee waiver included in your event registration confirmation email. Apply at least one day prior to the Start Now event.
- Gather official copies of transcripts from all schools attended.
- Visit the Liberty Campus December 17.
This event is specifically tailored for transfer, adult, & non-traditional students. If you are a high school senior, please visit our Freshman Admissions page.
Start Now Steps (Former Students)
- Complete the Former Student Application
- Order official transcripts from all schools attended and have them sent to Georgia Southern University – Office of the Registrar.
There is no pre-registration for former students. Former students call Sara Bath at 912.478.0857 on December 17.
Last updated: 5/14/2020