To apply for scholarships, you must first submit an Application for Admission. Approximately 48 hours after submitting an online admissions application, you will be able to access the MyScholarships application, through your Admissions Status Check Page.
Watch this video for step-by-step instructions for completing your MyScholarships application.
Helpful Tips for Completing Your Application
- You must apply for admission prior to beginning your MyScholarships application.
- You can access the MyScholarships application through your Admissions Status Check Page on the Scholarships tab. The link will only be live between August 1 and May 2.
- To be considered for scholarships, you must be both accepted to Georgia Southern and have submitted the MyScholarships application by one of the two scholarship application deadlines.
- Freshman students must be accepted and have their MyScholarships Application submitted by February 1 for scholarship consideration.
- To be considered for admission into the Honors College, students must complete the MyScholarships application and write the Honors College essay within the MyScholarships application.
- To be considered for admission into the Southern Leaders Program, students must complete the MyScholarships application and write the associated essay and short answer within the MyScholarships application.
- The sooner you begin and submit the MyScholarships application, the better. You never know what unforeseen issues (technological or other) may arise. Do not wait until the night before the deadline.
- Read the entire application and complete all of the essays or questions that apply to you and your interests.
- Write your personal statement and essays in advance of the deadlines to allow for time to proof and revise. We suggest writing and proofing your essays in a Microsoft Word document, and then copying and pasting the essays into the MyScholarships application when you are ready to submit.
- Check your major on your Admissions Status Check Page. If the major listed is different than what you’ve listed on your scholarship application, contact the Office of Admissions at email@example.com.
- Save your work as you go through the online MyScholarships application.
- Once your MyScholarships application is received, all of your materials will be reviewed.
- Make sure to check your email on a regular basis. If you have opted out of receiving emails, you may miss out on valuable information concerning scholarships and our scholarship events. If you’re unsure as to whether or not you are receiving emails from Georgia Southern, contact the Office of Admissions. The email address used to communicate with you will be listed under Personal Information on the Admissions Status Check Page.
- Get to know your Admissions Counselor. They will be your best resource concerning scholarships and can recommend you to the scholarship committees.
Last updated: 12/18/2020