Transfer Visit Day Experience
Welcome to our Virtual Transfer Visit Day Experience!
We wish we could host you in-person, but we wanted to ensure you have access to the same resources you would have on-campus.
Please let us know you attended HERE!
Join Transfer Admissions Specialist, Carly Wehner, for an information session specifically for transfers, adult learners, and online students.
Upcoming Live Events
Join us for a live event where you can interact with the transfer team and get all your questions answered!
The resources below can help answer some of the most common transfer questions, but you can always email or chat us (bottom right corner) with questions about your situation.
Meet the Transfer Team
For general questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Statesboro Campus: Join Miranda Ross as she introduces you to the Statesboro campus while focusing on specific areas of interest to transfer students.
Armstrong Campus: Join Christopher Harris as he introduces you to the Armstrong campus.
Meet a Transfer Student and Alumni
Hannah is transfer student from Dublin, Georgia. She currently serves as a Southern Ambassador tour guide. Learn more about her transfer story!
Chris Harris is a Transfer Admissions Counselor but also an Armstrong Campus alumni! Learn more about why he loves the Armstrong Campus.
The Advisement Process:
1. Be accepted to Georgia Southern.
2. Register for SOAR (Orientation).
3. Complete the mandatory Pre-Advising Course (including the Student Scheduling & Preference Form).
4. Your advisor will build your schedule and you will receive it at your orientation session.
5. Meet with your advisor after SOAR as needed.
Hear more about the advisement process from Jennifer Syno, Director of Advising. Then, learn about the Transfer Equivalency Tool from Nicole Marshall:
Financial Aid & Residency Information
The Office of Financial Aid is available to assist you with your financial needs and questions about funding your education. Visit their website to chat live with a Financial Aid Counselor during office hours (Monday – Friday from 8 am to 5 pm).
As a transfer student, your financial aid does not automatically transfer from one school to another. You must cancel aid at your current school and re-apply for aid at Georgia Southern. Visit Financial Aid for more information.
Learn more about Financial Aid with Blake Mercer:
Residency & Tuition Classification
Students are classified as residents or non-residents based on the Georgia Southern application for admission. Any information indicating ties to another state (out-of-state address, out-of-state school, out-of-state driver’s license, etc.) will result in an out-of-state classification. Learn more about residency here, and if you have questions about your residency status, email email@example.com after your acceptance.
Learn more about residency with Javona Douglas, our Residency Coordinator:
Military & Veterans
Welcome from Colonel George Fredrick:
Welcome from Patrick Adcock:
Introduction to Military & Veterans Services:
Your Military Benefits:
- Academic Success Center
- Office of Career & Professional Development
- Campus Recreation and Intramurals
- Office of Financial Aid
- University Housing
- Campus Police & Public Safety
- Office of Leadership & Community Engagement
- Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Office of Student Activities
- Health Services
- Student Accessibility Resource Center
- Student Wellness and Health Promotion
Your Next Steps
Learn about the Application Process:
Navigate the Transfer Course Equivalency Tool:
Schedule an Appointment with your Admissions Counselor:
Monitor your Status Check Page:
- Review the Accepted Student Checklist.
- Locate and sign your Conditional Admission contract (only if you have been conditionally admitted).
- View your official acceptance letter and register for SOAR on your Admissions Status Check Page.
- Learn about SOAR, our Pre-Advisement course, and Next Steps as we walk through the Enrollment Checklist.
- Access your Enrollment Checklist and complete the remaining items
- Check out Virtual Accepted Students Day!
- Apply for scholarships
- Request that your official final transcripts be sent to Georgia Southern once you finish your classes. These should be sent directly from your current institution by mail or electronically.
- Mailing Address:
Georgia Southern University Office of Admissions
PO Box 8024
Statesboro, GA 30460
- Mailing Address:
Last updated: 7/26/2021