Welcome to Georgia Southern University’s Office of New Student & Family Programs!
SOAR, Southern’s Orientation, Advisement, and Registration, is required for all new undergraduate students.
SOAR is Georgia Southern’s orientation program – Southern’s Orientation, Advisement & Registration. At SOAR, you will receive information about how to succeed both in and outside the classroom through meetings with faculty, staff, and current students. Our goal is to give you the tools needed to be successful during your time at Georgia Southern.
To make a reservation, please visit our online reservation system.
Please click HERE to view an electronic copy of our SOAR Schedule.
At SOAR you’ll be able to:
- Meet with your academic advisor and plan for classes
- Learn how Georgia Southern differs from your previous school (high school or college/university)
- Discover campus resources and student life opportunities
- Develop skills to succeed at Georgia Southern University
And also get answers about:
- Academic advisement and registration
- On-campus living and the Georgia Southern community
- Campus activities and organizations
While you’re at SOAR, you’ll also have a great time getting to know your new classmates!
To register for SOAR please visit your Admission’s Status Check Page and select the “Orientation” tab
All SOAR refunds must be requested 3 business days prior to the scheduled SOAR session.