Liberty SOAR Leader Interest
Think you have what it takes? Be a SOAR Leader!
The Liberty Campus is looking for student leaders to set up and help the next generation of eagles! If you are interested please review the information below:
Can you SOAR through the summer?
SOAR Leader Expectations:
- Be reliable, responsible, confident, sincere, dedicated, and flexible.
- Possess good communication skills in order to facilitate group discussions.
- Display a willingness to help others and enjoy working with people.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn about Georgia Southern University, its regulations, its people, and its programs.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5. Grades for all applicants will be checked following the completion of the Fall semester. Selected SOAR leaders will be forced to resign if their GPA is not above a 2.5 after the Fall semester.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student during the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Have completed at least one semester at Georgia Southern by January 2019.
- Plan to live around the Hinesville, GA area during the Summer of 2019.
Are you prepared to lead above and beyond?
Role of a SOAR Leader:
- Serve as a role model for new students by displaying the responsibility and maturity of an upperclassman.
- Lead small group sessions for incoming freshmen.
- Assist in the organization and preparation of orientation activities.
- Acclimate new students with campus services, activities, and building locations.
- Participate in the creation and production of all orientation skits and presentations.
- Facilitate group and individual discussions with new students, their parents, and guests.
- Assist with the advisement and registration processes for the Summer and Fall 2019 semesters.
- Display initiative in assisting incoming students with special needs and concerns.
- Represent Georgia Southern University in a positive manner.
The link to the application can be found here
For any additional questions or concerns please contact Devin Maffei at 912-344-3214 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 1/30/2019