All summer semester courses will be held fully online. Your academic advisor will help summer students build a schedule, but no coursework will be face-to-face between now and the end of July. If you are currently admitted to start in May/June and would like to start in August instead, complete a brief form to update your entry term here.
Due to the recent events involving COVID-19, the University has put our community’s health and well-being at the forefront of each decision. Because of that, all SOAR sessions for new summer and fall students are being moved to a fully virtual format. For information on Georgia Southern’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, visit our information page.
Virtual SOAR registration is required to be connected with an academic advisor for course registration. If you have already signed up for SOAR, you don’t have to do anything different – we have moved you to Virtual SOAR already!
There is no Virtual SOAR fee required for summer entry students. If you have already paid a fee, it will be refunded by the end of May.
New information will be posted regularly to this page as plans are finalized. Check back regularly.
How to Register
To register for your Virtual SOAR, log into your Admission Status Check Page, click on the “Orientation” tab at the top of the page, and follow the link to our reservation website. You will then select your SOAR session – you should only see one.
What to Expect
- Virtual SOAR will begin at GeorgiaSouthern.edu/VirtualSOAR. This site will be ready for summer entry students on May 1st. It will serve as a guide for you to prepare for enrollment.
- Part of Virtual SOAR is SOAR 1000, your first “class” at Georgia Southern, and it will be available to you once you register for SOAR. SOAR 1000 will begin the partnership with your advisor and provide input that will help them design your first semester of college coursework.
- We are still working out all of the details, but rest assured – we are committed to ensuring you will be ready to begin classes and join a truly unique community of fellow Eagles. You can expect a mix of online resources, live webinars, online interactions with SOAR Leaders.
- As an incoming student, it is important to get connected with campus resources and get involved. Closer to the fall semester, our team will reach out to tell you more about Move-In Weekend and Weeks of Welcome, early fall semester events geared specifically to welcoming new students.
Tips & Reminders
- When you register, your session will have a date and time attached to it, but you can ignore that. All live sessions have multiple options to fit your schedule later in the summer, and many will be pre-recorded to watch at your own pace.
- If you previously registered for a face-to-face SOAR session and paid a fee, our staff will refund it to the credit card of the original payment. Please give us a few weeks to work through that process.
- Family members and supporters – Don’t worry! We will have virtual content for you as well.
Summer 2020 Students Should Disregard
the Following Information
All students are required to attend a SOAR session prior to enrolling in classes. If you plan on starting in the summer term, please select your student type below. SOAR sessions are led by current Georgia Southern students who will be a great resource for you to ask questions of and show you what it means to be a Georgia Southern student! You will also be able to meet with your academic advisor, who will advise you on which classes have been selected for your first semester.
Select your Student Type below for more information on SOAR:
Last updated: 4/15/2020