Parent & Family Association
The Parent & Family Association is a dues-paying organization for parent, family members, and supporters of current Georgia Southern students. Contributions and membership dues finance the Parent & Family Association, covering membership benefits, scholarship awards, university sponsorships, and other expenses approved by the Family Council.
Membership is by email address: One Year – $35 | Four Years – $125
It is the mission of the Parent & Family Association to:
- Encourage mutual understanding and to facilitate communication between parents/families and the University.
- Sponsor programs and services that meet the needs of parents and involve parents/families in the life of the University community.
- Promote the development of the University and its students by supporting the Parents Fund and Georgia Southern Foundation.
- Contribute to student persistence and academic success by promoting institutional loyalty in the entire family
Read the Parent & Family Association By-Laws here.
Benefits of being a member of the Parent & Family Association include:
- Parent & Family Association Scholarships – The scholarship application is available only to students of Association members.
- Local & National Discounts – These include the University Store (nontextbook items), the Dining Commons, local restaurants, and hotel and car rental companies.
- Family Weekend Discounts – There are discounts for all family events.
- Family Wall Calendar – This full-color calendar contains important Georgia Southern dates and beautiful imagery.
The Family Council is an active group of volunteers responsible for advising on Parent & Family Association programs and allocation of dues and donations revenue. They work closely with University administrators. We are always looking for enthusiastic family members to join the council and make a difference at Georgia Southern University!
- Council members participate in the regularly scheduled monthly teleconference meetings.
- Council members attend the Fall and Spring face-to-face council meetings at family weekend events.
- Council members volunteer at Georgia Southern events such as Operation Move‐In, Family Weekends, Admissions Recruitment Eagle Previews and Information Nights, and Admissions scholarship events.
- Council members volunteer at summer SOAR (orientation) sessions.
Secretary & Past President
Treasurer & Past President
Deborah (Dee) Simmons
Mary Grace Thomas
Family volunteers help spread the word about what a great place Georgia Southern is! You could help recruit a new student, answer questions from inquisitive family members about your experience, or mentor a current student pursuing a career in your field.
Admissions Recruitment Events – Speak with prospective students and their family members about Georgia Southern. Families love to hear directly from you about what it’s like to be a family member of a Georgia Southern student! Some events occur on-campus, but others might be right in your home town.
SOAR – Represent Family Programs during SOAR sessions. You will be able to mingle with incoming families and discuss the benefits of joining the Parent & Family Association.
Are you interested in volunteering? Email email@example.com.
Last updated: 5/25/2020