Merit Scholarships at Georgia Southern
Thank you for your interest in scholarships at Georgia Southern University! Whether you’re a new first-year student or entering your final year at Georgia Southern, we have opportunities for you. Please click on the options below for more information.
Prospective New Students
Merit Aid for New Students
All Fall 2024 first-year students who are admitted, or complete their application for admission with all submitted materials, by February 1, 2024 will be considered for merit-based scholarships. No separate application is required. Students will be notified of awards by March 1, 2024.
Limited scholarships are also available for Fall 2024 transfer students. Applicants will be evaluated after May 1, 2024.
The Honors College
The Honors College is a diverse community of scholars which offers a rich set of meaningful learning opportunities both inside and outside the classroom. Incoming freshmen will compete for a handful of scholarship opportunities, up to full ride and full tuition scholarships.
Select applicants who apply by February 1, 2024 will be invited to campus to interview for valuable Honors College scholarships. Invitations will be send on February 2, and interview days will be held February 23 (Armstrong Campus) and March 1 (Statesboro Campus).
- Priority Deadline (to be considered for Honors College scholarships): February 1
- Final Deadline: May 1
Students in Southern Leaders engage in interactive leadership courses, tackle community issues through service, and develop special projects that leave a lasting positive impact.
- Deadline: February 1
The MyScholarships portal is home to over $1 million in scholarship funds available to current students at Georgia Southern University based on major, campus involvement, academic merit, and more. Students can access the MyScholarships portal from their MyGeorgiaSouthern homepage and log in using Georgia Southern credentials. A few helpful tips for applying for scholarships are a currently enrolled student:
- Scholarship applications are open from October – February 1 each year, with a few exceptions based on specific scholarships.
- Scholarships are awarded April – June for the following academic year.
- We encourage all current students to complete and submit the general application and the current student application. Based on the responses from these applications, you will be automatically matched to opportunities you are eligible for.
- Some scholarship opportunities require additional questions, and the MyScholarships portal will recommend those opportunities to you upon completion of the current student application.
- The post-acceptance questions must be completed in order to receive scholarship funds.
If you have any questions, please email the MyScholarships Help Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ScholarshipUniverse is a new personalized process that makes finding and applying for scholarships easier. It’s easier because you don’t need to find scholarships at all—the system will match you to your best fit opportunities. This allows you to:
- Answer questions and match to scholarship opportunities you are eligible for.
- Easily apply online to multiple scholarship opportunities through a personalized portal.
- See scholarship metrics to determine your chances and effort required to apply.
- Be alerted whenever you are matched to new scholarship opportunities.
- Receive automated reminders about outstanding tasks and next steps.
Log in with your my.georgiasouthern.edu credentials to be matched to scholarship opportunities that are relevant to your life situation.
For questions about ScholarshipUniverse, contact Financial Aid at email@example.com or 912-478-3675.
Georgia Southern University accepts outside scholarship funding as well. Below are some options we recommend for finding scholarships. You may also contact your high school counselor concerning scholarship opportunities available in your community.
Students are also encouraged to review the Office of Financial Aid website for information concerning student grants and loans. All scholarships can be combined with the HOPE/Zell Miller Scholarship. Scholarships received outside of Georgia Southern must be sent to:
Georgia Southern University
P.O. Box 106099
Atlanta, GA 30348-6099
Last updated: 2/9/2024