Prospective and former undergraduate students who want to attend Georgia Southern University have a unique opportunity to START NOW! The summer semester begins May 20th with an opportunity to start mid-semester on June 24th. Courses are available on our Statesboro, Armstrong (Savannah), and Liberty (Hinesville) campuses or fully online.
Event Information by Campus
- Friday, May 3 | 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. | Liberty Campus | REGISTER*
- Wednesday, May 8 | 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. | Statesboro Campus | REGISTER*
- Thursday, May 9 | 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. | Armstrong Campus | REGISTER*
*Registration is only for new students. Former students do not need to pre-register. Former students should report directly to the Office of the Registrar on the event day.
At this event you can:
- Meet with a counselor to discuss your ability to receive a same-day admission decision.
- Once admitted, meet with an academic advisor to start classes this summer.
- Speak with a financial aid counselor.
- Take a college placement exam (if needed).
- Admitted students can register to attend SOAR (orientation) after the Start Now event in order to learn about important resources available to new students for success at Georgia Southern. Contact email@example.com or 912.478.7627 for more information.
Start Now Steps (New Students)
- Register to attend an event by campus above.
- Complete your admissions application online for free by using the fee waiver included in your event registration confirmation email. Apply at least one day prior to the Start Now event.
- Gather official copies of transcripts from all schools attended.
- Visit the Georgia Southern campus you registered for on the event day.
This event is specifically tailored for transfer, adult, & non-traditional students. If you are a high school senior, please visit our Freshman Admissions page.
Start Now Steps (Former Students)
- Complete the Former Student Application
- Order official transcripts from all schools attended and have them sent to Georgia Southern University – Office of the Registrar.
- Visit the Georgia Southern campus you wish to enroll at on the event day.
There is no pre-registration for former students. Armstrong and Statesboro Campus students should go directly to the Office of the Registrar on the event day. Liberty Campus students should call Sara Bath at 912.478.0857.
Last updated: 4/23/2019