In-State Tuition Rate for Border States
In-state Tuition, Out-of-state Experience
Enjoy major savings on more than 80 acclaimed undergraduate programs. Financial aid and scholarships also available.
When you’re ready for college, you’re ready for NEW experiences. But going to college with all your high school classmates doesn’t feel very NEW, does it?
At Georgia Southern University, you can get in-state tuition, but get the out-of-state experiences you long for. AND you’ll save money at one of the nation’s most affordable research universities.
Georgia Southern is now offering in-state tuition rates to residents of all borders states to attend any of our three campuses in Statesboro, Savannah or Hinesville.
Georgia Southern Campuses
Enjoy three vibrant campuses in Statesboro, Savannah and Hinesville:
- Get involved! Choose from more than 200 student organizations.
- Join thousands of students on Gameday for one of 17 Division 1 sports.
- Play a pick-up game or get in shape in our recreation facilities.
- Join one of our Residential Learning Communities — a built-in support network that includes faculty coffee chats, field trips, common courses, study nights and more!
Ready for a new experience?
Students receiving the Border State Waiver must:
- remain in an undergraduate degree-seeking program of study.
- remain a resident of Alabama, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, or Tennessee.
Already Admitted Students:
If you are a resident of one of these states, have been admitted to Georgia Southern, and plan to enroll, complete the waiver form using the following link. If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 7/30/2021